<span style="color:red">NEW!</span>IEC 60204-11:2018 is available as <a href="https://webstore.iec.ch/publication/63667">IEC 60204-11:2018 RLV</a> which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.</br></br>IEC 60204-11:2018 applies to electrical and electronic equipment and systems to machines, including a group of machines working together in a co-ordinated manner, which operate at nominal voltages above 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC and not exceeding 36 kV AC or DC with nominal frequencies not exceeding 60 Hz. IEC 60204-11:2018 cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2000. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition contains significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition regarding the following:
– aspects of risk assessment, which are mirrored from ISO 12100;
– equipotential bonding and earthing;
– EMC and power quality;
– HV switchgear and controlgear;
– creepage distances for conductors and slip-ring assemblies;
– a list of machinery using HV equipment, in Annex A.
IEC 60204-11:2018 has been updated and improved to reflect the experience gained with the first edition and the evolution of high-voltage equipment reflected in the relevant standards. Regarding formal requirements, IEC 60204-11 has been aligned with
– IEC 60204-1:2016,
– IEC 61936-1:2010 and IEC 61936-1:2010/AMD1:2014,
– IEC 62271 (all parts). This document is intended to be used in conjunction with IEC 60204-1.