This European Standard specifies the tolerances on dimensions and form for aluminium and aluminium alloy extruded porthole tubes with an outside diameter (OD) from 8 mm to 450 mm (round tube, see Figure 1) or with a cross section contained within a circumscribing circle (CD) from 10 mm to 350 mm (other than round tube, see Figure 2), supplied in straight lengths.
This European Standard only applies to extruded porthole tube for general engineering applications made in the following alloys:
- EN AW-1050A, EN AW-1200, EN AW-1350;
- EN AW-3003, EN AW-3103;
- EN AW-5005, EN AW-5005A, EN AW-5049, EN AW-5051A, EN AW-5251, EN AW-5052;
- EN AW-6101A, EN AW-6101B, EN AW-6005, EN AW-6005A, EN AW-6008, EN AW-6110A, EN AW-6012, EN AW-6014, EN AW-6018, EN AW-6351, EN AW-6060, EN AW-6360, EN AW-6061, EN AW-6261, EN AW-6262, EN AW-6262A, EN AW-6063, EN AW-6063A, EN AW-6463, EN AW-6065, EN AW-6081, EN AW-6082; EN AW-6182;
- EN AW-7003, EN AW-7005, EN AW-7108, EN AW-7108A, EN AW-7020.
The temper designations used in this part are according to EN 515.
This European Standard only applies to tube produced by the tube porthole/bridge method.
This European Standard does not apply to:
- extruded tubes produced by the seamless, die/mandrel method (EN 755 7),
- tubes delivered in coils (EN 13957),
- coiled tubes cut to length (EN 13957).