This document defines and specifies component facets supporting the exchange and shared use of data and information in the field of traffic and travel.
The component facets include the framework and context for exchanges, the data content, structure and relationships necessary and the communications specification, in such a way that they are independent from any defined technical platform.
This document establishes specifications for data exchange between any two instances of the following actors:
– Traffic Information Centres (TIC);
– Traffic Control Centres/Traffic Management Centres (TCC/TMC);
– Service Providers (SP).
This document can be applied for use by other actors, e.g. car park operators.
This document includes the following types of information:
– the use cases and associated requirements, and features relative to different exchange situations;
– the different functional exchange profiles;
– the abstract elements for protocols;
– the data model for exchange (informational structures, relationships, roles, attributes and associated data types required).
In order to set up a new technical exchange framework, it is necessary to associate one functional exchange profile with a technical platform providing an interoperability domain where plug-and-play interoperability at technical level can be expected. The definition of such interoperability domains is not part of this document but can be found in other standards or technical specifications, e.g. ISO 14827‑3. This document is restricted to data exchange. Definition of payload content models is beyond the scope of this document.