This Part of this European Standard specifies and classifies basic glass products and indicates their chemical composition, their main physical and mechanical characteristics and defines their general quality criteria.
Specific dimensions and dimensional tolerances, description of faults, quality limits and designation for each basic product type are not included in this Part, but are given in other Parts of EN 572 specific to each product type:
- EN 572-2 Float glass;
- EN 572-3 Polished wired glass;
- EN 572-4 Drawn sheet glass;
- EN 572-5 Patterned glass;
- EN 572-6 Wired patterned glass;
- EN 572-7 Wired or unwired channel shaped glass;
- EN 572-8 Supplied and final cut sizes;
- EN 572-9 Evaluation of conformity/Product standard.