Please note that this standard has not yet been harmonised and thus cannot be used for CE marking. Until harmonisation of this standard has been achieved, please use one of the following standards:
IEC 62115:2017 specifies safety requirements for electric toys that have at least one function dependant on electricity, electric toys being any product designed or intended, whether or not exclusively, for use in play by children under 14 years of age.
Examples of electric toys also within the scope of this standard are:
- constructional sets;
- experimental sets;
- functional electric toys (an electric toy that performs and is used in the same way as a product, appliance or installation intended for use by adults, and which may be a scale model of such product, appliance or installation);
- electric toy computers as well as a doll's house having an interior lamp.
If the packaging is intended to have play value then it is considered to be part of the electric toy.
This International Standard only covers the safety aspects of electric toys that relate to an electrical function.
This standard covers the safety of electric toys taking power from any source, such as batteries, transformers, solar cells and inductive connections.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2003, Amendment 1 (2004) and Amendment 2 (2010). This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the general conditions for tests has been rewritten and modified (Clause 5);
- the criteria for reduced testing has been modified (Clause 6);
- warnings for toys using button batteries or coin batteries have been added (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52);
- warnings on ride-on toys have been added (7.5);
- the requirements concerning accessibility of batteries have been updated (13.4.1 and 13.4.2);
- added requirements to cover toys placed above a child (13.4.4);
- added requirements to cover toys connected to other equipment (13.9);
- modified the requirements for safety of toys incorporating optical radiation sources (Annex E), to include requirements for using the ...
Number of pages: 108
Date of approval: 2020-02-24
EN IEC 62115:2020 IDT
IEC 62115:2017 IDT
13.120 - Domestic safety
97.200.50 - Toys
Item number: M303499
- CLC/TC 61
- IEC/TC 61
- IEC/TC 61