IEC 62282-2-100:2020 provides safety related requirements for construction, operation under normal and abnormal conditions and the testing of fuel cell modules. This document deals with conditions that can yield hazards to persons and cause damage outside the fuel cell modules. Protection against damage inside the fuel cell modules is not addressed in this document, provided it does not lead to hazards outside the module. These requirements can be superseded by other standards for equipment containing <strong>fuel cell modules</strong> as required for particular applications.
This first edition cancels and replaces IEC 62282-2, published in 2012. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 622822:2012:
• update of definitions, in particular fuel cell module for normal operation;
• leakage values under normal and abnormal operation have been addressed;
• a delayed ignition test has been included;
• protective measures to limit gas leakage have been included;
• the requirements for insulation between live parts and SELV have been updated;
• the general safety strategy has been modified to reflect the needs for different application standards; the modifications are in line with similar modifications made to IEC 62282-3-100;
• the electrical components clause has been modified to reflect the needs for different application standards; the modifications are in line with similar modifications made to IEC 62282-3-100;
• protective earthing as part of the module or bonding as a measure within the installation has been introduced;
• a dielectric strength test has been completely updated by referring to IEC 62744-1 for voltages up to 1 000 V AC/1 500 V DC;
• a new “pressure drop method” leakage test method has been included;
• a new Annex addressing significant hazards, hazardous situations and events dealt with in this document, and linked to 4.1 (General safety strategy) has been added.
Number of pages: 54
Date of approval: 2020-06-22
EN IEC 62282-2-100:2020 IDTIEC 62282-2-100:2020 IDT