Directive 2014/35/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits Text with EEA relevance
IEC 61439-5:2014 defines the specific requirements for public electricity network distribution assemblies (PENDAs). PENDAs have the following criteria:
- used for the distribution of electrical energy in three phase systems for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V a.c. (see Figure 101 for a typical distribution network);
- open ASSEMBLIES are not covered by this standard;
- suitable for installation in places where only skilled persons have access for their use, however, outdoor types may be installed in situations that are accessible to ordinary persons;
- for indoor or outdoor use.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the latest edition:
- confirmation that tests carried out on the most onerous PENDA are deemed to verify the performance of similar and less onerous assemblies of the same general construction and rating;
- more precise timing/conditions for impact force withstand tests for PENDAs designed for operation in an arctic climate;
- correction of the direction of the applied force in the static load test.
Number of pages: 3
Date of approval: 2015-03-27
EN 61439-5:2015/AC:2015 IDTIEC 61439-5:2014/COR1:2015 IDT