(1) This document deals with the design of concrete structures for the accidental situation of fire exposure and is intended to be used in conjunction with prEN 1992 1 1 and EN 1991 1 2. This document identifies differences from, or supplements to, normal temperature design.
(2) This document applies to concrete structures required to fulfil a loadbearing function, separating function or both.
(3) This document gives principles and application rules for the design of structures for specified requirements in respect of the aforementioned functions and the levels of performance.
(4) This document applies to structures, or parts of structures, that are within the scope of prEN 1992 1 1 and are designed accordingly.
(5) The methods given in this document are applicable to normal weight concrete up to strength class C100/115 and lightweight concrete up to strength class LC50/60.
(1) In addition to the general assumptions of prEN 1990 the following assumptions apply:
- the choice of the relevant design fire scenario is made by appropriate qualified and experienced personnel or is given by the relevant national regulation;
- any fire protection measure taken into account in the design will be adequately maintained.