This European standard describes the specific ‘Design for PRM Use’ requirements applying to both infrastructure and rolling stock and the assessment of those requirements. The following applies to this standard:
- The definitions and requirements describe specific aspects of ‘Design for PRM Use’ required by persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility as defined in the PRM TSI.
- This standard defines elements which are universally valid for obstacle free travelling including lighting, contrast, tactile feedback, transmission of visual and acoustic information. The definitions and requirements of this standard are to be used for infrastructure and rolling stock applications.
- This standard only refers to aspects of accessibility for PRM passengers it does not define non PRM related requirements and definitions.
- This standard assumes that the infrastructure or rolling stock is in its defined operating condition.
- Where minimum or maximum dimensions are quoted these are absolute NOT nominal requirements.
The ‘General Requirements’ standard is written in three parts: