This standard specifies requirements for an event sustainability management system for the planning and/or
implementation of any type of event and guidance on conforming to those requirements. Guidance in the
annexes provides additional practical information to support implementation.
This standard is applicable to any organization (including individuals) that wishes to:
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an event sustainability management system;
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated sustainable development policy;
- Demonstrate voluntary compliance with this standard by:
- First party (self-determination and self-declaration by the organization seeking compliance);
- Second party (confirmation of conformance by parties having an interest in the organization, such as
clients, or by other persons on their behalf); or
- An independent third party (e.g., certification body).
- This standard has been designed to address the management of improved sustainability throughout
the entire event management cycle.